Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The Porch at night #3

Well. here we are, trying once more to write a blog about the bats, and instead writing  about every other thing on the porch. I was explaining all the tricks I needed to use to get even a not-very-good picture of a fast-moving bat in the dark. And in the meantime Cheryl walked up to the hummingbird feeder, held up her camera, went click quick, and look at these amazing pictures, the best I have ever seen of these creatures in the act of feeding.
 
 
 

 

 


I had wanted for a long time to write about pack rats, because they are so astonishing, and next the long-tongued bats, because they are so astonishing. Now I've finally done something on both of them. I almost feel like retiring, except I know I am sure to discover something else astonishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment